psychiatry psychotherapy psychoanalysis
The impact of emotional experience is significant, affecting one's self-esteem and inner sense of security,
as well as one's relationships, hope for the future, and overall life-satisfaction.
Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis are interactive and collaborative processes
aimed at deepening one's self-awareness to allow for informed change.
Greater insight can decrease symptoms, resolve problematic relationship patterns, increase free will,
and improve one's chances of living an enjoyable, deeply meaningful, and productive life.
• • •
My training as a psychiatrist, psychotherapist, and psychoanalyst allows me to integrate the biological and psychological aspects of mental health, thereby increasing the likelihood that your goals will be met.
I provide comprehensive assessments, psychotherapy, and psychoanalysis with or without medication management. I am not currently offering medication - management - focused visits.
Productive therapy is dependent on a solid therapeutic alliance. Therefore, to determine if we are a well- suited match, our first few visits are considered to be consultations.
My educational background includes:
- Psychoanalysis, Seattle Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- Psychiatry Residency, University of Washington
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- B.A., University of Virginia
My professional affiliations include:
- University of Washington Department of Psychiatry Clinical Instructor.
- Seattle Psychoanalytic Society and Institute Faculty Member and Didactic Instructor.
I am certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.